XtenCHO ™ Starter kit
The new XtenCHO™ mammalian expression system is specifically designed as a rapid and cost-effective solution for recombinant protein expression, ideal for a wide range of applications from small- and medium-scale production to rapid screening of drug candidates, protein variants, and more.
Drawing from 28+ years of experience, XtenCHO™ combines the high expression levels and robustness of a new Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cell line with the optimal efficiency of our proprietary transfection reagent – XtenFect™ – to offer a suite of advantages:
• Up to 10x higher yield than other commercial systems*
• An enhanced plasmid retention (14+ day transient gene expression – TGE) achieved through highly efficient transfection that preserves cell viability, enhances plasmid stability, and boosts protein expression without the need for additional feeds
• Smarter protocols with fewer steps, designed to simplify and accelerate your workflow, all accompanied by strong and responsive technical support
• No need for case-by-case optimization due to the high expression of the pXen1 vector
• Optimal protein folding and human-like post-translational modifications
• Biopharmaceutical-grade production for a fraction of the cost
• Increased safety due to the enhanced viral resistance of CHO cells compared to Human Embryonic Kidney (HEK) cells
• Flexible and scalable production (from 1mL to 10 L) designed to fit your specific needs
• Worldwide shipping in 24 hours or less
• A proven track record with 3500+ proteins successfully expressed
Compared to other commercial systems, XtenCHO™ outperformed competitors with a 1.5 to 9.7-fold* increase in yields:
• Record productivity achieved for IgG-like antibodies (1280 mg/L for Claudiximab)
• Bispecific antibodies (>100mg/L)
• Humanized antibody variants (>200mg/L)
• Non-antibody proteins (>100mg/L for ACE2 with excellent enzymatic activity)
• Pentameric IgM antibodies
• Among others
The XtenCHO™ kit includes our proprietary chemically defined, animal-free expression media to ensure the optimal performance, and provides you with our efficient expression booster – XtenCHO™ Enhancer – and control plasmids for maximum control and flexibility.
For decades, biomolecules entering phase I clinical trials have had a low success rate of less than 10%. However, almost three quarters of the biopharmaceuticals that have gained approval are produced in CHO-based systems. A closer look at the data suggests that CHO-based systems may be able to overcome early developmental issues that are the most common hinderance to success.
XtenCHO™ allows the production of high-quality recombinant proteins for extensive early bioanalysis, facilitating early detection of any potential developability problems and increasing your chances of success.
With ultra-high-yields, rapid production, and protein folding and P&trade comparable to clinical-grade biopharmaceuticals, XtenCHO™ is uniquely suited for the rapid testing of drug candidates or protein variants generated by random or targeted mutagenesis.
While bioassays are invaluable research and monitoring tools across major industries – including medicine, food production, environmental analysis – they often rely on antibodies natively produced in hybridomas, leading to lower purity and limited accuracy and precision. But the future is changing. With its CHO-based recombinant expression, XtenCHO™ allows you to achieve higher yields, improve batch-to-batch consistency, and enhance purity in a cost-effective way. With smart protocols, XtenCHO™ will fit seamlessly into your in-house workflows and adapt to your protein production needs.
Therapeutic antibodies from several IgG subclasses and isotypes (IgG1-kappa and lambda, IgG2-lambda, IgG4-kappa) were produced with XtenCHO ™ cells and in parallel with CHO-S ™ and ExpiCHO ™ expression systems. XtenCHO ™ cells were transfected with ProteoGenix' proprietary TGE system (transfection protocol, transfection reagent and culture medium). CHO-S ™and ExpiCHO ™ cells were transfected according to manufacturer's instructions for each expression system (protocol, reagents and culture medium). Determination of production yields was done with an Octet Red96 system (Protein G biosensor).
Luo K, Chen Y, Wang F. Shrimp Plasma MANF Works as an Invertebrate Anti-Inflammatory Factor via a Conserved Receptor Tyrosine Phosphatase. J Immunol. 2022 Mar 1;208(5):1214-1223. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.2100595. Epub 2022 Feb 11. PMID: 35149533.
There are no reviews yet.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Your review *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Send us a message from the form below
Lab / Company